Monday, October 29, 2012

Failed Glucose Test

I took my one hour glucose test last Friday and got a phone call today saying my levels were slightly elevated. Boo! This means I have to go in and take a 3 hour test. I'm going to be stuck at the doctors office for 3-4 hours. Plus, I have to fast for 12 hours the night before, plus those 3-4 hours. I'm going to be starving! I really hope I don't fail again. I have no symptoms of Gestational Diabetes. I've only gained 13 lbs in 27 weeks. Ada is smaller, 16% at 25 weeks, but Brady was always small and I know she's likely to be even smaller than him. Wish me luck in my next test. I'm going to try and take it on Friday.

1 comment:

  1. I failed my 1-hour, too. Honestly, I thought it was a piece of cake, but that 3-hour was a different story!! Holy cow. Fasting+double the sugary drink+no eating for even longer after the test. Not a good combo. I passed at each blood draw, though. I hope yours went well, too!

    ReplyDelete